It was February 28, 1949 when the first La Salette Missionary, Fr. Conrad Blanchet, MS started saying mass and continued performing Sunday ministry in Roxas, Isabela until the place a Mission of the Aurora Parish in 1951.

In 1955, Fr. Lionel Lacasse, MS took over the work left by Fr. Blanchet, MS. After two years, in November 1957 Roxas was separated from the parish of St. Isidore in Aurora. Roxas was erected canonically in the status of a parish with Fr. Emery Des Rochers, MS as the first official parish priest. He was concurrent Director of the La Salette High School, with Fr. Andre Lussier, MS as his assistant. They were the first La Salette Fathers to reside in the parish of Roxas, although it had been a mission since 1951.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The parish of Roxas has 36 barrios. To systematize the pastoral service to this big town, the La Salette Fathers assigned there, started organizing the parish. Parish organizations were formed and catechetical programs were formulated with the help of the CFIC Sisters who have been in Roxas to help in the admistration of La Salette of Roxas.

 

This parish is the only parish manned by La Salette Missionaries which has as its Patroness: Our Lady of La Salette.

 

THE PARISH HAS SINCE BEEN TURNED OVER TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE DIOCESE OF ILAGAN, EASTER OF 2004.

 

This is http://inangpag-asa.com

 Ina ng Pag-asa (Mother of Hope) Province   |   Missionaries of our Lady of La Salette

41 Betty Go Belmonte, Barangay Mariana, New Manila, Quezon City 1112  |  Philippines

Copyright @ September 2004.  All Rights Reserved